When faced with a broken tooth or one affected by severe tooth decay, patients may ask: “Do I need a dental crown?” There are several situations in which we use restorations to improve the health and appearance of the smile. With our dental restorations you can once again enjoy a whole and healthy smile.
Waco, TX Dental Crown Quiz
- True or False: We use restorations to repair damaged teeth and address other issues.
- True or False: We make them form a variety of materials.
- True or False: Crowns are designed to look natural.
- True or False: With the proper care, your restoration can last for decades.
- True. A crown is often placed when a tooth becomes broken or fractured. In addition, advanced tooth decay may benefit from a restoration. We also use them to restore a tooth following root canal therapy. Finally, between anchoring a dental bridge into place or topping a dental implant, a crown can help replace missing teeth.
- True. For teeth near the front of the mouth we may recommend ceramic. A strong and lifelike material, ceramic is also stain resistant. For teeth near the back of the mouth we may use zirconia. Like ceramic, this material is natural looking but can withstand more powerful bite forces.
- True. The process begins with the removal of a small amount of tooth structure. Impressions will be taken of the teeth, which will be used to design the restoration. The goal is to create one that looks like natural teeth.
- True. You should care for your new restoration like a natural tooth. You need to brush and floss daily, and undergo a dental cleaning twice a year. Doing so improves the appearance and health of your smile. If you have any questions, please contact our office today.
ABOUT YOUR WACO, TX DENTIST
We look forward to providing families with exceptional care and advanced treatment options. To schedule an appointment with Corbet Locke, DDS, please contact us at (254) 776-4888. Our office welcomes patients living in Waco, Hewitt, McGregor, Woodway, and nearby cities.