Cleaning your teeth thoroughly is the best thing you can do to maintain a healthy mouth. Brush twice and floss once a day — or even more often, like after eating meals or snacks.
You probably learned to brush your teeth from your parents. But did you know there is a proper technique that could improve your efforts?
The American Dental Association teaches teeth brushing in five simple steps.
1. Place the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
2. Move the brush back and forth gently in short strokes.
3. Brush the outer surfaces, the inside surfaces, and the chewing surfaces of all teeth.
4. To clean the inside surface of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and make several up-and-down strokes.
5. Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and keep your breath fresh.
Having regular dental exams and cleanings is also crucial to your dental health.
As your dentist, I take my job very seriously. Your oral health has a huge impact on your overall health, so I want to help you maintain a healthy mouth so you can lead a healthy life. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call my dental office in Waco at (254) 776-4888.