Getting braces later in life can have a serious impact on your professional image as well as your self-esteem. Just imaging going through a workday with metal wires and brackets plastered to the front of your teeth. Eventually after enduring a few double takes and some staring, you would probably try to hide your teeth as much as possible, and by hiding your teeth, your self-confidence would begin to take a serious hit. Thankfully, clear braces exist to take the embarrassment out of straightening your teeth. Take this quiz from your Waco dentist, Dr. Corbet Locke, and see what you find out about clear braces.
- True or False: Clear braces simplify homecare.
- True or False: Patients wearing clear braces will switch to a new aligner every month.
- True or False: Everyone can wear clear braces to correct their orthodontic problems.
- True. Clear braces feature removable, clear aligners that make homecare a breeze. Instead of struggling to clean teeth amidst a tangle of wires and brackets, patients who straighten their teeth with clear braces simply have to remove the aligners and brush and floss as they normally would. The same goes for mealtimes, so there is no need to worry about wearing your lunch for the rest of the day.
- False. While patients do switch between aligners, they will typically switch about every two weeks. Each new aligner moves teeth closer to the desired position, and by the time the series is complete, patients have a brand new smile.
- False. While clear braces can correct many problems, they are not right for every case. Talk to your Waco cosmetic dentist, Dr. Locke, to see if clear braces are right for you.
Schedule a Visit with Your Waco Cosmetic Dentist
Do you want to straighten your teeth without embarrassment? You can with clear braces from your Waco cosmetic dentist, Dr. Locke. Contact our 76172 dental office to schedule an appointment or a consultation by calling 254-776-4888. We serve patients from Waco, Woodway, McGregor, Hewitt, and surrounding communities.