We all want a full, attractive smile. Which is why addressing tooth loss is so important. With dental implants, our team can help you achieve a whole smile once again. There are a number of facts about dental implants that show these are a lifelike and durable option for addressing tooth loss.
Facts About Dental Implants
- They replace every part of the tooth: Dental bridges and dentures can help restore your smile, but they only replace the visible parts of your tooth. With a dental implant, we can restore the missing root as well.
- The new tooth can help preserve your appearance: When you lose a tooth the loss of the root causes the body to stop supplying the jawbone with doses of calcium and phosphorus. Without these nutrients the jawbone tissue dissolves over time, leading to further tooth loss and an aged appearance. However, the implant provides a titanium root in the form of a surgically inserted post. Made from biocompatible metal, the post causes the body to resume the flow of nutrients and prevents the loss of jawbone density.
- Implants look natural: The crown that tops the new tooth is designed based on impressions of your smile. We also use ceramic in the fabrication, a material that mimics the appearance of natural tooth enamel.
- They are long lasting: On average, the new tooth may be expected to last as long as 25 years. In some cases, they have been known to last even longer.
- They can provide a fixed alternative to removable dentures: Instead of depending on removable dentures, multiple implant posts can be inserted into each arch. The prosthetic is then snapped onto the posts, securing a fixed denture that won’t slip when you eat or speak.
ABOUT YOUR WACO, TX, DENTIST:
We look forward to providing families with exceptional care and advanced treatment options. To schedule an appointment with Corbet C. Locke, DDS, contact our Waco, TX, dental office today by calling 254-776-4888. Our office welcomes patients in and around Waco, TX, including Hewitt, McGregor, Woodway, and the surrounding Central Texas communities.