One of the more common inquiries we receive from patients involves the brightness of our smiles. People want to know how they can remove or prevent teeth stains. We understand how a brighter smile can improve confidence. We offer procedures, both preventive and cosmetic, to help you enjoy a more attractive and stain-free smile.
Tips for Obtaining a Brighter Smile
- Watch what you drink: Many drinks contain dark pigments, such as tea, coffee, soda, and red wine, which can stain the teeth. In addition, drinks with a high sugar content can lead to plaque buildup, which allows discoloration to form easily on the surface of the teeth. Instead, drink water, which hydrates you and doesn’t stain your smile.
- Eat healthier foods: Fresh fruits and vegetables make great snacks because their natural water content cleanses the teeth and prevents sugars and other food particles from clinging to them. Sugary snacks can increase the likelihood of discoloration, as well as tooth decay.
- Stop smoking: When you smoke or use other tobacco products, this not only affects your smiles appearance, but also increases the risk of bad breath and oral cancer as well.
- Care for your smile: One way to fight plaque buildup and help your smile stay bright for longer periods is routine dental maintenance. You should brush and floss your teeth daily. In addition, talk to your dentist about dental cleanings, which can also help the appearance and health of your smile.
- See your dentist: If you have serious discoloration then you may need cosmetic treatment. You can schedule a visit with your dentist to discuss options for brightening the teeth. He may recommend professional teeth whitening, or possibly dental veneers or cosmetic bonding to mask the discoloration. After treatment, the doctor can discuss ways you can help your results last for longer periods. If you have any questions about our teeth whitening options then please contact our office today.
ABOUT YOUR WACO, TX, DENTIST:
We look forward to providing families with exceptional care and advanced treatment options. To schedule an appointment with Corbet Locke, DDS, contact our Waco, TX, dental office today by calling 254-776-4888. Our office welcomes patients in and around Waco, TX, including Hewitt, McGregor, Woodway, and the surrounding Central Texas communities.