How do you feel about wearing braces? Many teens and adults worry about the negative affect braces can have on their professional appearance. However, Invisalign can provide orthodontic treatment without relying on metal braces. How do clear braces work? Who qualifies for this unique cosmetic treatment?
Waco, TX Invisalign Quiz
- True or False: Misalignment can cause oral health issues.
- True or False: Invisalign corrects alignment without using metal braces.
- True or False: Both teens and adults benefit from clear braces.
- True or False: Your aligners will be custom-made.
- True. An even smile allows a person to brush and floss with ease. However, uneven teeth make doing so difficult, increasing the risk of cavities or periodontal disease. In addition, the strain on your jaw joints from misalignment can increase the chances of TMJ disorder or chronic teeth grinding from occurring. To keep your smile healthy you should consider undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- True. Instead of receiving metal braces you will wear a series of aligners, upgrading to a new set about once every two weeks. Over a period of between a year and 18 months you can achieve a more even smile. You must wear them for between 20 and 23 hours a day, only removing them before meals, brushing/flossing, and special occasions.
- True. We recommend patients over the age of 16 with minor alignment issues try Invisalign. Prior to treatment we will examine your smile, including taking detailed x-rays, to see if this is the best option available.
- True. We will take images and impressions of your teeth, sending the materials to the Invisalign lab. There, experts will create a set of custom-made aligners, designed to correct your smile and offer comfortable treatment. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office today. We can discuss your options for obtaining a straighter smile.
ABOUT YOUR WACO, TX DENTIST
We look forward to providing families with exceptional care and advanced treatment options. To schedule an appointment with Corbet Locke, DDS, please contact us at (254) 776-4888. Our office welcomes patients living in Waco, Hewitt, McGregor, Woodway, and nearby cities.