When was the last time you had your teeth examined by a dentist? A regular checkup may seem like a minor procedure, but this visit can actually promote a healthy and attractive smile. What happens during a checkup?
Waco, TX Checkup Quiz
- True or False: You should have your teeth examined twice a year.
- True or False: We provide oral cancer screenings.
- True or False: During this visit, you may receive a dental cleaning.
- True or False: A cleaning helps prevent gum disease.
- True. The American Dental Association suggests that adults and children have their teeth checked by a dental professional at least once every six months. During the checkup, the doctor will look at your teeth and gums for any indicators of dental health issues, which may include cavities or periodontal disease. Uncovering problems in the early stages boosts the chances of a full recovery and can help prevent the need for more extensive treatments.
- True. During your visit, we will screen for oral cancer. Over 43,000 people are diagnosed with oral cancer each year. Of that number, nearly half will succumb to the disease within five years. This is often because the problem isn’t diagnosed until the late stages. Recovering is more likely if the problem is uncovered in the earliest stages; so don’t forget to undergo a screening as part of our checkups.
- True. We also recommend a dental cleaning to help improve overall oral health. The procedure consists of removing plaque buildup from the teeth with either a manual tool or possibly an ultrasonic scaler. We will the polish the teeth, ensuring a smooth finish. This also brightens the teeth and can improve breath.
- True. Plaque buildup can inflame the gums, causing periodontal problems. A cleaning removes this plague buildup, which can’t be erased with brushing and flossing alone. Doing so reduces the risk of gum disease, gingivitis, and even tooth decay. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, then don’t hesitate to contact our office.
ABOUT YOUR WACO DENTIST
We look forward to providing families with exceptional care and advanced treatment options. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Corbet Locke, please contact us at (254) 776-4888. Our office welcomes patients living in Waco, Hewitt, McGregor, Woodway, and nearby cities.