A damaged tooth can impair your appearance and also have negative consequences for your oral health. In order to protect your smile from decay or infection, you should also seek repair for a broken tooth. With cosmetic bonding, we can repair broken teeth in just one visit.
Waco, TX Cosmetic Bonding Quiz
1. True or False: You should gather any pieces of a broken tooth you can find.
2. True or False: A broken tooth can potentially lead to decay or infection.
3. True or False: Cosmetic bonding repairs teeth in one visit.
4. True or False: You must take good care of your tooth to make your restoration last.
1. True. If you break a tooth, first try to find any pieces and bring them to the office with you. If you can’t successfully recover the lost tooth portions, don’t worry. You also may need to apply gauze to control any bleeding or place a cold compress to the side of your face to reduce swelling. Come see us as soon as possible.
2. True. The outer layer of tooth enamel protects the inner pulp and the sensitive layers of dentin surrounding it. When a tooth becomes chipped, bacteria can bypass this protective layer and reach the dentin below. Decay can form, which may spread until reaching the pulp, where an infection or possibly an abscess will form.
3. True. With cosmetic bonding, we apply a composite material to the tooth in several layers. We cure the resin with a special light and mold the tooth. Finally, we polish the cured tooth, revealing a whole and esthetically pleasing tooth.
4. True. In order to maintain the health of your tooth and keep your restoration whole, we recommend brushing your teeth twice a day, flossing once a day, and undergoing dental cleanings twice a year.
ABOUT YOUR WACO, TX DENTIST
We look forward to providing families with exceptional care and advanced treatment options. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Corbet Locke, please contact us at (254) 776-4888. Our office welcomes patients living in Waco, Hewitt, McGregor, Woodway, and nearby cities.