How do you feel about your smile? For many people, misalignment hinders their appearance of their teeth. In addition, crooked or crowded teeth can actually have a negative impact on oral health, boosting the chances of developing tooth decay, gum disease, and even TMJ disorder. To correct misalignment, we offer the innovative Invisalign® system. Who qualifies for Invisalign clear braces?
- True or False: Clear braces correct smiles without brackets and wires.
- True or False: Patients with minor misalignment often qualify.
- True or False: Removable aligners make caring for your smile easier.
- True or False: Patients often experience shorter treatment periods when compared to braces.
- True. Traditional braces require tension to reposition teeth. This is accomplished by placing metal brackets onto the teeth and connected with an arch wire. Clear braces actually use a series of barely noticeable plastic aligners to move teeth towards optimal positions. Patients wear the aligners every day, typically between 20 and 23 hours.
- True. We recommend this orthodontic option for patients over the age of 16 who have minor misalignment. To see if you qualify, we will carefully exam your teeth and assess the extent of your alignment issues. From there, we can decide which orthodontic treatment will best improve your smile.
- True. Removable aligners make brushing and flossing your teeth significantly easier, which in turn reduces the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. You can also decrease the chances of teeth stains developing. You will also not need to avoid certain foods since you can take your aligners out prior to each meal.
- True. On average, traditional metal braces require about two years for optimal smile improvement. With Invisalign, patients can correct their teeth in about a year. Teen may patients may need up to 18 months.
ABOUT YOUR WACO DENTIST
We look forward to providing families with exceptional care and advanced treatment options. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Corbet Locke, please contact us at (254) 776-4888. Our office welcomes patients living in Waco, Hewitt, McGregor, Woodway, and nearby cities.