What do you know about cosmetic bonding? If you have a chipped tooth or one that suffers from another esthetic and functional concern, then you may be interested in this treatment. A cost-effective cosmetic procedure, bonding can help the doctor restore your tooth to full function and appearance.
Try Our Cosmetic Bonding Quiz
- True or False: The procedure only takes one visit to complete.
- True or False: We can address multiple issues with this treatment.
- True or False: We may also discuss contouring as well.
- True or False: We use the same material for metal-free fillings.
- True. The entire procedure can be completed in a single sitting. The dentist first cleans the tooth and may also etch the surface. Then a composite resin will be applied in multiple layers. The etched surface helps the material better adhere to the tooth. As the material cures under a light the doctor sculpts and molds the material. Once complete, the procedure restores missing tooth structure and helps reshape the tooth. In some cases this may be considered a cost-effective alternative to porcelain veneers.
- True. We often use this technique to address chipped teeth. However, we can also close gaps between teeth or even mask permanent discoloration, particularly on the teeth closer to the back of the mouth.
- True. Unlike bonding, which address cosmetic issues by adding material, contouring does the same by removing small amounts of tooth structure. The doctor buffs away pits and grooves in the tooth surface. The dentist may also blunt overly sharp teeth. Like our other procedure, this treatment can also be done in a single visit, saving our patients both time and money.
- True. Composite resin can also be used to address tooth decay. We can then offer metal-free fillings that blend with the tooth structure. Composite fillings are safe for patients of all ages. If you have any questions about either our bonding or filling procedures then please contact our office today.
ABOUT YOUR WACO, TX, DENTIST:
We look forward to providing families with exceptional care and advanced treatment options. To schedule an appointment with Corbet Locke, DDS, contact our Waco, TX, dental office today by calling 254-776-4888. Our office welcomes patients in and around Waco, TX, including Hewitt, McGregor, Woodway, and the surrounding Central Texas communities.