What do you know about dental implants? More and more dental professionals across the country are turning to these secure and lifelike replacement teeth to help people achieve a whole smile. In addition to lasting decades and allowing patients to eat normally, they can also improve oral health.
Learn More About Implants with a Quiz
- True or False: Dental implants are long lasting.
- True or False: They act as a natural tooth.
- True or False: You can avoid further tooth loss or an aged appearance.
- True or False: They can even support a prosthetic.
- True. In many cases a dental implant can offer a lifetime of tooth replacement. However, you will need to maintain proper oral hygiene, brushing and flossing your teeth daily and seeing the dentist for cleanings and exams.
- True. Unlike bridges or dentures, these replace both the root and crown. The root portion is made from a biocompatible titanium post. Surgically inserted, the post is accepted by the body as a natural tooth root.
- True. When you lose a tooth the body registers the missing root. The flow of nutrients to the surrounding jawbone tissue ends, leading to loss of jawbone density over time. Patients can then appear older and may lose additional teeth. Since the post is accepted as a natural tooth, the body once again resumes the flow of calcium and phosphorus, preserving your facial features.
- True. If you have multiple missing teeth then multiple posts can be placed in one or both arches. A prosthetic can then be attached to the posts, securing a fixed set of dentures. The implant-retained dentures won’t slip during meals or speech and don’t require removal to clean. If you have any questions about tooth replacement then contact our office today.
ABOUT YOUR WACO, TX, DENTIST:
We look forward to providing families with exceptional care and advanced treatment options. To schedule an appointment with Corbet Locke, DDS, contact our Waco, TX, dental office today by calling 254-776-4888. Our office welcomes patients in and around Waco, TX, including Hewitt, McGregor, Woodway, and the surrounding Central Texas communities.