Did you leave a cavity unaddressed, and are now facing root canal therapy? Maybe you suffered an injury at work, during an athletic event or an auto accident, and now have a visible chip or crack in one of your teeth. There are a number of situations that may merit restorative dental treatment. Fortunately, modern dentistry makes it possible to receive treatment that will leave you smiling both comfortably and confidently. Thanks to seamless smile solutions, there is no reason to fear restorative dentistry like dental fillings and crowns, or the cosmetic effects it will have on your smile.
Porcelain Crowns Provide Long-Lasting, Pretty Protection
If you received restorative dentistry several years ago, chances are that meant the addition of a noticeable metal filling or crown. Aside from the potential embarrassment of this obvious dental work, you may also have felt uncomfortable about the conductivity of the restoration, since metal can cause discomfort when eating or drinking hot or cold foods and beverages.
Porcelain crowns provide a wonderful alternative to metal crowns, thanks to several great attributes, including:
- Porcelain’s similarities to natural tooth enamel
- Dental porcelain is approximately 90 percent as strong and stain-resistant as natural tooth enamel
- Porcelain crowns can be cared for just like natural teeth, using a non-abrasive toothpaste
- Crowns can last more than ten years, with proper care, including regular checkups
- Porcelain can be customized to closely match natural teeth in size, shape, contouring and even sheen
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns marry the strength of metal with the esthetic benefits of porcelain
ABOUT YOUR WACO, TX, DENTIST:
We look forward to providing families with exceptional care and advanced treatment options. To schedule an appointment with Corbet Locke, DDS, contact our Waco, TX, dental office today by calling 254-776-4888. Our office welcomes patients in and around Waco, TX, including Hewitt, McGregor, Woodway, and the surrounding Central Texas communities.